There are tons of things to do in Minneapolis and the surrounding areas, but here are our top picks:
Minnehaha Falls: Great place to for a hike, a bike ride and grabbing a bite to eat!
Como Park Zoo and Conservatory: Love Animals? Hit up the zoo and stop through Como Town for some amusement rides for the littles! More into flowers than animals? Then head to the conservatory - great place to take a relaxing walk and see all of the gardens.
Explore one of our many lakes:
- Como Lake - https://www.stpaul.gov/DocumentCenter/View/67807.pdf
- Lake Calhoun - https://www.minneapolisparks.org/parks__destinations/parks__lakes/lake_calhoun_park/
- Lake Harriet - https://www.minneapolisparks.org/parks__destinations/parks__lakes/lake_harriet_park/
- Lake of the Isles - https://www.minneapolisparks.org/parks__destinations/parks__lakes/lake_of_the_isles_park/
- Lake Nokomis - https://www.minneapolisparks.org/activities__events/water_activities/beaches/lake_nokomis_main_beach/
Minnesota Zoo: Our largest zoo in Minnesota is located 19 miles south of downtown Minneapolis. The MN Zoo is a local favorite and features indoor and outdoor trails, an Amphitheater which hosts animal demonstrations during the day & live music events throughout the summer evenings, a splash pad, picnic areas..... oh and of course animals...many many animals!
Valley Fair: Looking to ride some rollercoasters or take in a wild water ride? Or are you looking for a more of a poolside cabana setting? Well, all can be found here!
Mall of America:
Movies & Music in the Parks: Grab your picnic blanket, camping chairs and some snacks and head to one of the many movies or music performances hosted at our parks throughout the summer!
Movie Schedule - https://www.minneapolisparks.org/_asset/0zqcpv/2016-Movie-Schedule-PRINT.pdf
Music Schedule - https://www.minneapolisparks.org/activities__events/music__movies/music_in_the_parks/